It has been a bit quiet here at Adventures in the Kitchen. I recently went through a transition from my job. I am excited and dreaming about what the future holds. With Easter this week I have a few recipes to share this week that might be a good addition to your meal.
This Lemon Panko Chicken was a nice surprise. I love the tangy crunch and think kids will like it too. Lemons say spring and add a brightness and new twist to the recipe. I served this on a bed of arugula tossed with a lemon vinaigrette.
This weekend I held my first Adventures In the Kitchen for kids cooking class in a long time. It was so much fun. Here is a little teaser. Stay tuned for a post showing all the fun we had.
Lemon Panko Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lemon, juiced & zested
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Blend panko, lemon zest, parmesan cheese, cilantro or parsley (if using), salt and garlic in food processor.
- Place in shallow bowl for rolling.
- Combine eggs and lemon juice in separate bowl and mix well.
- Dip each chicken breast first in the egg mixture and then thoroughly roll in cheese/panko mixture.
- Heat a large non stick pan over medium high heat. Melt butter and add olive oil. Place chicken breasts in pan and cook until crisp on each side.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
If you to cut some calories you can place in a baking dish and cook at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, or until the crust is turning brown and the chicken is cooked through.